You’ll be surprised to find that this healthy and oh-so tasty delicious pasta dish only uses two tablespoon of oil (and no cream)! That’s right, The Vegan Year‘s vegetarian recipe fits right into your family’s health goals and takes 40 minutes to whip up. Get the recipe below.
Videos From Tinybeans
2 tbsp olive oil
5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 medium eggplant, cut into small bite sized pieces
1 carrot, peeled and cut in half and finely sliced
½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
350g / 12oz pasta
1. Preheat oven to 220C/430F
2. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil and 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, put the balsamic vinaigrette aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the eggplant, carrot and cherry tomatoes. Add the balsamic vinaigrette and toss to coat.
4. Put the coated vegetables in one or two baking dishes, making sure that they are not layered on top of each other.
5. Bake the vegetables for 25 minutes, tossing once after 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain when done and return to the pan
7. When the vegetables are done add them to the pasta and toss the pasta and vegetables
8. Divide the pasta over individual bowls and serve immediately.
Sion runs and writes The Vegan Year, a creative blog full of amazing vegan dishes that’ll inspire you to bring more plant-based meals into your weekly routine. If you’re ever in a pickle trying to dream up your next veggie-based dish, visit The Vegan Year. You’ll find enough breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack recipes to last the year!