Did you know that homemade taco seasoning is as easy to make as heading to the store and buying the packet yourself? Take it from food blogger and mom of two, Amy of Wholesomelicious who makes her own taco seasoning for these slow cooker ground beef tacos. The best part? After mixing everything in the crock pot, dinner is ready in a mere 4-6 hours!
Videos From Tinybeans
2 lb Organic Grassfed ground beef
½ cup chopped white onion
1 cup chicken broth
5 tbsp tomato paste
For the Seasoning:
1 tbsp Chili Powder
3 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chipotle powder (optional)
¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
1. Mix the ingredients for the taco seasoning in a small bowl.
2. Add ground beef to your slow cooker. Top with onions and tomato paste. Mix in the Spices. Finally add in chicken broth.
3. Stir the mixture around to coat most of the meat.
4. Cook for 4-6 hours on low heat.
5. Serve with your favorite tortillas, and any other taco toppings.
Do you ever make your own taco seasoning? What did your family think of this recipe? Tell our community in the comment section below.
Amy who blogs over at Wholesomeilicous is a foodie, busy mom of two, wife and nutritionist. Visit her blog for more great family meal ideas that are simple and delicious. And, don’t forget to follow her on Facebook for even more great updates.