Photo: Eleni Koureas via Unsplash
New Year. New you—maybe? Maybe not. But there’s no denying there’s a certain kind of re-energy this time of year, inspiring us to do and be our best—if not for ourselves, then definitely for our kids.
New for Spoke this year? Our Writing Contests now run for six weeks at a time instead of monthly. We know it’s not easy trying to whip up brilliance in just four short weeks, so we gave you two extra.
Let’s Talk: Theme
For our first Spoke Writing Contest of the year, the theme is “This Organized Life.”
Everyone loves a fresh start and there’s something about this time of year that inspires us to do and be better. Whether it’s your parenting resolutions in the New Year, your rockstar organizational hacks or just how you stay motivated as a parent (or even motivate your kids), we’re here for all the ways you plan to make 2019 your best year yet.
This Organized Life: Writing Prompts
Need some inspo? Here are a few ideas to get your started:
- The One Parenting Resolution I Promise to Keep This Year
- The Parenting Resolution I’m Ditching This Year
- How I Get My Kids Motivated & Out the Door on Time
- Clever Organizational Hacks for…Kids’ Rooms, Pantries, Nurseries, Closets, etc.
- How I Use __________ to Organize My Life
- Ease Ways to Squeeze in a Workout/Meditation/Self-Care During a Busy Day
- Why I Get Up Before Everyone Else (or, conversely: Why I Go to Bed After Everyone Else)
- Time Management Tips for New Parents
- Things Better/Easier/Cooler than a Family Calendar
- Apps that Save Me Time (& My Sanity) as a Parent
Feel free to write about whatever you’d like as it relates to this theme, and make sure your post fits into one of our three Spoke post categories: Real Talk, Rockstar Parenting or Parenting Humor.
The Fine Print
Three winning posts will be selected by our editors and based on quality, originality and page views.
- Each winner will receive $100 each for their original post. (Remember, only original posts are eligible for Writing Contest prizes.)
- Entries must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. Pacific by Feb. 28, 2019. Winners will be notified and announced the next month.
- To enter, please use of the following Red Tricycle Article Code with your post: #organizedlife2019. (No caps and please include the hashtag.)
We can’t wait to read your awesome entries!
—Keiko Zoll, Spoke Contributor Network Editor