Some days it feels as if all our kids will eat is pasta. To save you from another night of plain, buttery pasta, we humbly suggest this pasta with cream and ham that also has major grown-up appeal. Marta at Travel For Taste says this recipe is so simple, all you need are two major ingredients–ham and cream! An added bonus: it only takes 20 minutes to prepare, and that even includes cooking the pasta. We’re pretty confident you’ll be making this recipe on more than one occasion, so be sure to print it out and save it in your recipe book.
Ingredients for Pasta with Cream and Ham:
– 5 cups pasta
– 1 3/4 cream
– 1/2 lb ham
– salt to taste
– 1/2 tsp pepper
– 1 flat teaspoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water (optional, if you want the cream thicker)
– parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
1. Put the water for pasta to boil, salt it a bit, and add pasta. Follow the instructions on your package.
2. Pour cream into a deep frying pan and bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Keep cooking for 5-7 minutes, while stirring all the time, in order to reduce it a little bit.
3. If you like the sauce even thicker you might mix cornstarch with some cold water and add it to the cream (while stirring constantly).
4. Add ham and mix everything well.
5. Mix with pasta and serve. Optional step: serve with copious amounts of parmesan cheese.
recipe and photo courtesy of Marta at Travel For Taste
As a world traveler, Marta has experienced culinary creations from all across the globe. Mementos of her travels often come in the form of food-related souvenirs. Using nothing more than a tiny studio kitchen, she creates recipes that span the globe as wide as her travels, with a special emphasis on foods from her childhood. Find all of her favorite recipes as well as check out her superstar photography skills on her website, Travel For Taste.