From squares to cylinders, the traditional grilled cheese sandwich has just been reinvented thanks to My Little Gourmet. And they only take 10 minutes to make! Serve these grilled cheese roll-ups as a snack or accompaniment to some hot tomato soup (we’re sure the roll-up shape makes it more fun for the kids). We’ve got more easy toddler lunch ideas here.
Serving size 2
Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups Ingredients:
4 slices of sandwich bread
4 slices of cheese (recommend gouda)
1 tablespoon butter
1. Cut the crusts off of the bread.
2. Roll each slice flat with a rolling pin.
3. Place a slice of cheese on each piece of bread and roll up tightly.
4. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
5. Place the rolls, seam-side down, in the pan and press down so that they don’t unravel.
6. Rotate until golden brown on each side and the cheese is melted.
Laura Leer is a mom and writer of My Little Gourmet. She lives in Berlin with her husband and 2-year-old son, Arik, who are the main taste testers of her delicious meals. For more kid-friendly recipes, check out her blog here.