You can totally still find everything you need, even a last-minute gift card for that niece you left off your list, at these stores
Picture this: it’s Christmas Day and just realized you forgot to get apples for the pie. Or, maybe you don’t celebrate Christmas and you just need to buy some milk. So, what do you do? Luckily there are a decent amount of grocery stores open on Christmas that can save your day. So where should you head when your entire family is just minutes away and you need something ASAP? We’ve compiled a list of convenience and grocery stores open on Christmas Day.
But first—the bad news. While there are several convenience and grocery stores open on Christmas, some of your go-to grocers will be closed for the holiday. Grocery stores giving their employees the day off include Aldi, Costco, Hy-Vee, Giant, Kroger (hours vary by location so check your local store to confirm), Publix, Stop & Shop, Target, Trader Joe’s, Walmart, Wegman’s and Whole Foods.
Videos From Tinybeans
Convenience and Grocery stores open on Christmas Day
- 7-Eleven: Most locations are open 24 hours
- Acme: most stores open at 7 a.m.
- Albertsons: Most locations are open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Bravo Supermarkets: Most locations will be operating with special hours
- Cumberland Farms: Open from 7 a.m. to midnight
- Circle K: Most locations are open 24 hours
- CVS: Most locations are open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Pavilions: Most are open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Safeway: Some Safeway locations will be open on Christmas, so check your local store for hours
- Sheetz: Open 24 hours
- Starbucks: Not a grocery store, but if you need more caffeine to survive the day you can make a pit stop as most locations will maintain regular hours
- Walgreens: Stores that are regularly open 24/7 will stay open on Christmas, and most other locations should stay open with reduced hours
- Wawa: Most locations are open 24 hours
- QuickTrip: Most are open on Christmas Day
Your local stores’ actual holiday hours may vary depending on where you live, so be sure to check before you head out.