Cue the holiday baking. Hershey is sharing the Holiday Sugar Cookie Blossom, to spark festive cookie baking this year. With a sugar cookie base and the Hershey’s Kisses Sugar Cookie candy at the center, these sweets are a colorful addition to holiday traditions.
Videos From Tinybeans
The inspiration for the new Blossoms recipe comes from Hershey’s home state, Pennsylvania. The sugar cookie is a holiday favorite that was introduced to the world by Dutch settlers in Pennsylvania in the 1700s, and now serves as the base for the new Holiday Sugar Cookie Blossoms, featuring Hershey’s Kisses Sugar Cookie candy. This is one of over 25 Hershey Blossoms variations to add some flare to holiday baking this season.
“The Hershey Kitchen elves have been hard at work this year creating festive ways to brighten the holiday season,” said Erin Crawford, brand manager, Hershey holiday team. “We know that Blossoms are a holiday cookie staple. This year we wanted to introduce something new and festive showcasing our newest holiday Kisses – Hershey’s Kisses Sugar Cookie candy. The Holiday Sugar Cookie Blossoms are colorful, super easy cookies to make; bound to make sweet and special memories in the kitchen this holiday season.”
Hershey’s Kisses Holiday Sugar Cookie Blossoms Recipe (yields 36 cookies)
- 36 Hershey’s Kisses Sugar Cookie Candies
- Your favorite sugar cookie dough or mix
- Green and red decorator’s sugar
- Heat oven to 375° F. Remove wrappers from candies; set aside.
- Mix cookie dough following package directions for cutout cookies. Divide dough into 36 equal (about 1-1/4 inch) balls; roll in green or red sugar. Place balls about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookie edges are set. Cool 2 minutes; press candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove cookies from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
The classic Peanut Butter Blossoms recipe, which consists of a peanut butter dough rolled in sugar and topped with a Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolate candy, has been around for 63 years and is one of America’s favorite holiday cookies. With holiday baking more popular than ever this year, head over to HersheyHappiness.com to get over 25 additional Blossoms recipes to keep baking this entire holiday season.
Featured photo: Hershey’s
Target’s Hottest Holiday Toy List Is Here & Cue the Shopping
Sam’s Club Invites You to the “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” Shopping Experience