photo: chadilaksono via flickr
Videos From Tinybeans
We love how versatile muffins are–they’re great for breakfast, snack or even dessert. Satisfy those hungry tummies all day long by reaching for these healthy muffins that are packed with fiber. Expect about twelve muffins from this fantastically easy recipe from Susan Schuman of Our Family Eats.
1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs
1/2 cup light brown sugar, or palm sugar
4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (or whole wheat flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl stir together coconut oil, milk, eggs, sugar, and applesauce.
4. In an additional mixing bowl, stir together oatmeal, flour, baking soda, salt, and flax seeds.
5. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Divide mixture evenly between muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
8. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
9. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
What’s your favorite muffin recipe? Share yours below!
Susan Schuman is a working mom with two small kids and a hungry husband. She writes Our Family Eats to share ideas for fun, wholesome meals that anyone can fit into their hectic schedule. You can connect with Susan on Twitter @ourfamilyeats.