When you’re in dire need of a cookie fix or just don’t have the time to scour your pantry for all of the ingredients, try out this lemon cookie recipe courtesy of Red Tricycle’s Digital Media Assistant, Brandi McWade. The cookies are actually made from a box of lemon cake mix, which makes this as convenient as it can get. Pictured above is Brandi’s niece who can’t get enough of these lemony bites of sweetness.
Videos From Tinybeans
Yields about 2 1/2 to 3 dozen cookies
1 box of lemon cake mix
1 egg, whisked
5-6 oz of cool whip (note from Brandi: the containers are either 4 oz. or 8 oz., unfortunately)
Aprox. 1/2 cup Confectioner’s sugar
1. Mix cake mix, whisked egg and cool whip together with a fork, mashing and mixing so that all are well blended. It might not seem like it will mix, but eventually it will.
2. Put confectioners sugar in a small bowl and put some on your fingers and palms to prevent dough from sticking
3. Grab enough dough so that the ball will be approximately 1″ . What’s most important is that each ball is the same size.
4. It will be difficult to get the ball to form so place it in the sugar, coat and then form the ball.
5. Place the balls on a parchment covered cookie sheet about 2″ apart.
6. Cook in preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-17 min. If cookies are browning, it’s a bit too long.
How did your lemon cookies turn out? Tell is in the Comments below.
recipe and photo courtesy of Brandi McWade; featured photo credit: on_the_brightside via flickr