This recipe for Pasta al Pastore courtesy of our friends at A Little Yumminess almost makes itself. Store bought, well-made Italian sausage (chicken, turkey or traditional pork) is the key to this easy dish. Well-seasoned sausage takes away the need to add your own seasonings and when possible we suggest using good ricotta.
Videos From Tinybeans
4 hot (or mild for kids) Italian sausages
1 lb package rigatoni or pasta of choice
1/2 lb fresh ricotta
2 tablespoons olive oil
Grated pecorino/parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Boil well salted water in a large pot. Add pasta and cook till al dente.
2. In a skillet, add oil, heat and then add sausage meat. You can crumble it with the back of the wooden spoon. Saute till cooked – 5-7 minutes.
3. Reserving 2-3 ladles of pasta water, remove pasta from water and add to sausage in skillet.
4. Add the reserved pasta water. Cook for a minute or so. Turn off heat.
5. Stir in ricotta and if using sprinkle with pecorino/parmesan.
For more easy, kid-friendly recipes click HERE
Tell us if you adapt this recipe at all to suit your kids’ taste buds. Fill us in below!