The step that takes the longest in this five-step recipe? Boiling the water!
Your busy weeknight calls for a lightning-fast dinner. Next time you need to make dinner in a pinch, check out this Pesto Chicken Pasta recipe from Regina of the food blog, Leelalicious. It takes only 20 minutes to make and offers a nice balance of carbs, protein, and greens (from the pesto).
Yields 2-3 servings
Ingredients for Pesto Chicken Pasta:
8 ounces dry pasta* (I used fusilli)
1 chicken breast, cut into thin strips
salt + pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup pesto
chopped almonds and feta crumbles for garnish
Notes from the Chef: *use gluten-free, whole wheat, or low-glycemic pasta according to needs and preferences
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add dry pasta, and cook until al dente.
2. Cut chicken breast into small strips. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet, add chicken strips and sear until fully cooked.
4. Add ¼ cup of the pasta water to the skillet with the chicken. Drain pasta, then add to chicken together with pesto and stir everything until fully combined.
5. Serve hot and garnish with chopped almonds and feta crumbles.