From one millennial to the next, it’s time to elevate your standard avocado toast. With the perfect ratio of eggs to bacon to avocado, this Baked Eggs in Avacado recipe is the next breakfast craze.
Check out the recipe from Smithfield® below for avocado inspiration.
|Total Time||Skill Level||Servings|
|Smithfield® Thick Cut Bacon, diced and cooked until crispy||4 slice(s)|
|Large avocados||3 whole|
|Blue cheese, crumbled||4 oz.|
|Fresh cilantro||1/4 cup(s)|
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet or glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cut avocados in half. Scoop about an additional 1-2 tbsp of the avocado to create a well for the eggs.
- Place avocados flesh side up on prepared baking sheet or glass pan.
- Gently crack one egg in each avocado well, making sure to keep the yoke intact.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until eggs are desired temperature. Remove. Top with bacon pieces, blue cheese and cilantro.
Tips to Stretch Your Dollar
Don’t throw away those leftovers! Use those baked avocadoes and add your favorite cheese to make a breakfast sandwich the next day. Pro tip: Squeeze a small amount of lemon juice on your avocado to make it last longer in the fridge.
In need of more inspiration for your next family meal? Smithfield Foods’ large portfolio of products, including Smithfield® Bacon, Nathan’s Famous® Beef Franks and Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, can meet your household’s needs for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snack time.