Sorry, kiddos, this special pie is for moms and dads only. With an impressive combination of flavors that are delicately sweet, buttery and salty, this tasty Bourbon bacon pecan pie is sure to wow your dinner guests—and your tastebuds.
Check out the recipe from Smithfield® below to get started.
|Smithfield Premium Maple Thick Cut Bacon
|Light Brown Sugar
|Single layer pie crust
|Unsalted butter, melted
|Dark brown sugar
|Light corn syrup
|Whole pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Whisk together the butter, eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup and bourbon.
- Chop two cups of the pecans.
- With a fork, prick the crust in several places.
- Place the chopped pecans in the pie shell and lightly press so that they don’t float up too much after adding the batter.
- Cover the chopped pecans with the batter, then arrange the remaining whole pecan halves in concentric circles around the pie, working from the outer edge toward the middle.
- Bake the pie for about 40 minutes, or until the filling is just set but still slightly jiggly in the center.
- If the pecans or crust are starting to get too brown before the pie is done, cover loosely with foil.
- Remove the pie from the oven, sprinkle the candied bacon on top and allow to cool completely at room temperature.
- Serve when cooled, top with whipped cream if desired
Tips to Stretch Your Dollar
If you have any leftover bacon, be sure to store it in a container for breakfast the next day! Whether you add the bacon to an omelet or serve the simple-yet-classic bacon and eggs, your kids are sure to love the rich flavor of Smithfield’s maple bacon.
In need of more inspiration for your next family meal? Smithfield Foods’ large portfolio of products, including Smithfield® Bacon, Nathan’s Famous® Beef Franks and Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, can meet your household’s needs for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snack time.