From taco night and game day to an outdoor BBQ, nachos should always top the list of your party menu.
Elevate your fully-loaded nacho recipe with Carando Toscano ground sausage, Fontina cheese, heavy cream, fresh tomatoes, and a yummy black olive tapenade. Not only is this appetizer crunchy and cheesy, but it has everything your guests would be curious to try.
Check out Carando’s Italian Sausage Nachos recipe to serve the ultimate nacho experience.
|Total Time||Skill Level||Servings|
|Carando Toscano Ground Sausage||1 pkg(s)|
|Tortilla Chips (13-oz.)||1 bag|
|Fontina cheese, grated||1 lb.|
|Heavy cream||2 cup(s)|
|Fresh tomatoes, diced||1 cup|
|Large shallot, minced||1|
|Fresh basil, chopped||2 Tbsp.|
|Olive oil||2 Tbsp.|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tbsp.|
|Black olive tapenade||8 oz.|
- Brown the Italian sausage in a skillet, then drain on paper towels, reserve.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- While sausage is cooking, heat a large bowl over a double boiler, add the cream, cornstarch, and fontina.
- Heat the cheese mixture until hot and thickened, reserve.
- Combine the tomatoes, shallots, basil, oil, and vinegar, reserve.
- To assemble, heat chips in the oven until warmed through.
- Transfer the chips to a large serving platter, top with cheese sauce, then sausage, then the tomato relish, then dollops of tapenade.
- Serve immediately.
Tips to Stretch Your Dollar
Use left over egg roll wrappers throughout the week for creative snacks that your children will beg for. We recommended stuffing them with taco meat, beans and cheese for your next Taco Tuesday.
In need of more inspiration for your next family meal? Smithfield Foods’ large portfolio of products, including Smithfield® Bacon, Nathan’s Famous® Beef Franks and Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, can meet your household’s needs for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snack time.