The year may be almost over, but there’s plenty of family fun to have in November. Celebrate being thankful and family togetherness during this last month of fall. Here are 30 fun family activities that will sure to strengthen family bonding during November.
1. Play a game of family football.
2. Teach your kids gratitude during November by volunteering. Here are some easy ways to give back without leaving the house.
3. Practice gratitude and learn another language. Say “thank you” in 20 different languages.
4. Fall back on November 3, and don’t forget to set your clocks back an hour.
5. Have a family movie night with popcorn and hot cocoa. Here are our choices for movies that inspire gratitude.
6. Bake a pumpkin (or open a can of pumpkin pure) and make a pumpkin pie. Here are 11 cool pie ideas that aren’t the standard variety.
7. Have every family member write or draw what they’re thankful for, and share it around the Thanksgiving table.
8. Take family photos for your holiday card. Here are some fun ideas to try.
9. November 9 is Go to an Art Museum Day. Find your local art museum, and spend the day exploring the exhibits.
10. Get crafty! How about a simple apple tree craft or a fireplace out of a paper bag.
11. Keep kids busy with Thanksgiving-themed coloring and activity pages. From connect the dots to turkey bingo, these will keep your little ones busy for the month of November.
12. Jump in a pile of leaves.
13. Go through your pantry and cupboards to donate canned goods and pantry items to a local food bank.
14. Cook a Thanksgiving side dish with your kiddos. Make it easy on yourself by cooking it in the Instant Pot. Here are our favorite recipes.
15. Did you know November is National Drum Month? Make your own drums and put on a concert.
16. Make a Thanksgiving-themed dessert. How about harvest marble chocolate chip cookies or a Rice Krispie Treats turkey?
17. Participate in a Turkey Trot. Most communities have 1-mile fun runs/walks that take place Thanksgiving morning. Gather friends, family and neighbors and get some exercise in before dinner.
18. Read one of the year's best books (so far).
19. November 3 is Sandwich Day. Make one of these 19 tasty grilled cheese sandwiches.
20. Gather up loose change and bring it to your favorite charity on Giving Tuesday.
21. Get crafty with Thanksgiving crafts. Make a festive wreath out of a paper plate. Trace your hand to make a turkey, or create one out of a pinecone and feathers.
22. Make a Thanksgiving centerpiece for your family gathering.
23. Start a new family tradition, such as decorating the house or watching the Thanksgiving Day parade together.
24. How a game night. Here are some of the best board games for every age and stage.
25. Celebrate World Kindness Day on November 13. Need ideas? Here are 77 acts of kindness to practice.
26. Go for a family hike on Take a Hike Day on November 17. Here are some awesome trails to check out.
27. Teach kids how to be young entrepreneurs and then host a sale on Small Business Saturday.
28. Have some fun with minute to win it games. These are great boredom busters for Thanksgiving break or cures of evening changes of “I’m bored.”
30. November is Aviation History Month. Check out books on flight from your local library and make paper airplanes at home.