Newborns are wonderful at all times of year, but a winter baby comes with its own special kind of warmth. Read on for 18 reasons to appreciate your cold-weather cutie!
Videos From Tinybeans
1. After a long night with baby, it is socially acceptable to wear pajamas 24/7 or curl up in an oversized sweater and leggings day after day after day. (And yes, we know, 2020 insured most of us were doing this anyway).
2. If baby arrives by the holidays, you’ll get to show off the best gift ever. And you have a good excuse for not cooking, cleaning or hosting.
3. No guilt for not socializing! Chilly weather, COVID and other people's colds are just two great reasons to stay in and snuggle in front of the fire.
4. You could join a pit crew with your diaper-changing speed. Can’t let that baby get chilled!
5. You’ll never "get" to host a summer-birthday pool party with a dozen short, noisy humans who think of a pool as a giant collective toilet bowl.
6. That super-attractive sweat trail from the back to the ankles that baby-wearing moms get in the summer? Yeah, you don’t have it right now.
7. You know that true happiness is curling up on the couch with a cozy blanket and warm bundle of baby, aka your own portable heat source.
8. You secretly gloat over how your feet never swelled up like giant pufferfish during the last months of your pregnancy.
9. You’re probably still wearing stretchy pants, so indulge in that yummy holiday food you only get once a year.
10. Seasonally spiced hot lattes are the order of the day (literally) when you’ve been up all night with a newborn. All those still-pregnant spring and summer mamas will be jealous you're enjoying caffeine again.
11. Baby hats. There are few things cuter than newborns in ridiculous winter hats.
12. You have a perfect excuse to stay inside and nap with baby when any snow falls.
13. You can think less about how your post-baby beach body is going to look come summer (that's months away!) and more about what warm, delicious comfort food is in your immediate future.
14. You’ve already got plans for that extra tax break (assuming baby was evicted before the ball drops on New Year’s Eve).
15. You don't have to stress about slathering sunscreen on a newborn.
16. You can breastfeed without feeling like a sweaty dairy cow in summer's heat.
17. Those tiny-baby-in-a-giant-snowsuit photos are one of a kind.
18. By the time spring comes, your baby will be more mobile, and you can enjoy the longer, warmer days outside. Bring on the long walks and park outings!
— Suzanna Palmer
10 Winter-Themed Activities to Keep Baby Busy When Cabin Fever Strikes
8 Ways to Get Active This Winter (Baby Included!)
Your Ultimate Guide to Winter Skincare for Babies
Chill Out! 8 Snow Sensory Play Ideas