This hearty fried-egg sandwich packs a punch of flavors! Stuffed with tangy pesto, melty cheese, and a handful of veggies for crunch, it makes the perfect weeknight meal. Scroll down for the complete recipe and how-to.
Videos From Tinybeans
Prep Time: 5 min.
Hands-on Time: 15 min.
You will need:
4 slices sourdough bread
1/3 cup prepared pesto
4 slices cheddar cheese
1 avocado, sliced
Fresh basil leaves (optional)
Fresh spinach or arugula (optional)
1 fresh tomato
4 large eggs
Butter, for greasing pan
1. Place a pat of butter in a skillet to melt over medium heat. Meanwhile, spread pesto on all four slices of bread. Top each slice of bread with one slice of cheese.
2. Transfer bread to skillet with the plain side down. Cover and grill until bread begins to toast and cheese begins to melt, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. In a separate non-stick skillet, melt a small pat of butter. Add 4 eggs to the pan, next to each other. Lower the heat, and cook until the white is firm and the yolk is to your liking, about 4-5 minutes. Repeat one more time to create 4 servings of two eggs each.
4. Place each slice of pesto toast on a plate. Top with several fresh basil leaves, spinach or arugula, and sliced tomato.
5.Add fried eggs to the top of each slice of toast. Sprinkle with ground pepper.
6. Eat with a knife and fork, and enjoy!
—recipe and copy by Anna Doogan; photo by Jen Silverstein/Red Tricycle
Weeknight Meal: Mini Egg Pizza
Easy Veggie Stir Fry with Sesame Scrambled Egg
Quick Broccoli & Pepper Egg Bake
Weeknight Meal: Veggie Pasta Bake
Weeknight Meal: Vegetable Shakshuka