Move over, plain hot dogs. It’s time to give this Cowboy Chili Sausage Dog from Eckrich® the spotlight.
An epic creation, the chili sausage dog merges the bold flavor of Eckrich® Original Skinless Smoked Sausage with layers of hearty chili, savory Eckrich® Hickory Smoked Bacon, scallions and cheddar. Did we mention all ingredients are perfectly nestled into a sub roll?
Check out this fun recipe here to up your game day offerings!
|Total Time||Skill Level||Servings|
|Eckrich® Original Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope||2 (14-oz) pkg(s)|
|Eckrich® Hickory Smoked Bacon, cooked and chopped||5 strips|
|Green onions, sliced thin||2|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1/2 cup|
|Vegetable oil, for brushing grill grates||2 Tbsp.|
|Sub rolls, Split||4 (6-inch)|
|Sweet barbecue sauce||1/4 cup|
|Spicy brown mustard||1/4 cup|
- Cook chili in a small saucepan until fully heated through. Keep hot until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and brush grates with oil.
- Grill sausages until the exterior is crisp and char marks appear, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Grill rolls, split-side-down, until lightly toasted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve grilled sausages in toasted rolls and top with chili, cheese, bacon, barbecue sauce, mustard and green onions.
Tips to Stretch Your Dollar
Save your leftover chili to make a new dinner that’ll kickstart the week. From Eckrich®, this Southwest Turkey Sausage Chili Mac has a unique take on traditional mac and cheese, by adding in chili with Eckrich Turkey Smoked Sausage for a robust and filling meal.
In need of more inspiration for your next family meal? Smithfield Foods’ large portfolio of products, including Smithfield® Bacon, Nathan’s Famous® Beef Franks and Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, can meet your household’s needs for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snack time.