The cutest charcuterie board in all the land is here for your May the Fourth festivities! Hormel brainstormed a delectable spread full of the cutest Star Wars-themed treats, and we’ve got the scoop on how to pull it off.
Read on for recipes!
- For the Yoda eggs, combine guacamole with hard-cooked egg yolks and pipe into egg whites. Finish with baby cucumber slices and cut up raisins.
- To make your light sabers, melt one cup of white chocolate chips and ½ cup of Skippy creamy peanut butter. Dip pretzel rods into the mixture, decorate with sprinkles and let dry in the fridge!
- Chewbacca toasts! Spread Skippy creamy peanut butter on toast from a round loaf. Pipe chocolate icing on toast and finish with cut up mini marshmallows.
- For the pizzas with “craters,” buy mini pizzas or make your own with English muffins, shredded cheese and Hormel pepperoni!
- To create mini TIE fighters, make a cheese and cracker sandwich with a firm cheese, and hold together with a bit of cream cheese
- Add some stars by using a cookie cutter for firmer lunchmeat (ham, salami, and pepperoni)
- Your board wouldn’t be complete without a Star Destroyer. Spread peanut butter on a rice cake and add a mini popped rice cake as a super laser
- For your blue milk, add a spot of food coloring to regular milk, or create a coconut milk smoothie with blueberries for a natural hue.
May 4 is also known as Star Wars Day, celebrating the beloved franchise from George Lucas. Fans picked the date to make a pun on the catchphrase “May the Force Be With You.”
Whether you settle in for an epic evening watching the original trilogy or host a gathering at your rebel base, make this board a part of your plans. Do or do not, there is no try!
Featured image courtesy of Hormel