Would you rather swim with stingrays or explore the jungle?
If you’re feeling like the school year is already picking up speed way too quickly, you’re not alone. And, it’s never too late to get back to family dinners and IRL facetime with the kids. In fact, having time together over a meal is more important than ever. Studies have shown that families that eat together often have healthier diets, increased communication, and overall emotional stability. We know it’s not easy to make it happen, but even once a week makes a big difference. So, if you’ve come this far, congrats! The next step? Figuring out what to talk about at the table. That’s where our fun conversation starters for kids come in handy.
We’ve got 47 table talk questions that will be sure to invoke giggles, guffaws, and gasps. We recommend using these conversation starters for kids the next time everyone sits down at the table together. If you’re looking for real giggles, check out our favorite jokes for kids!
1. Can you guess the ingredients in the meal tonight?
2. What do you like better: waking up in the morning or going to bed at night?
3. Would you rather be a giant rodent or a tiny elephant?
4. What would you do if you had a million dollars?
5. If you had to eat a worm, how would you cook it?
6. What is a weird habit that you have?
7. If you had this week to do over again, what would you do differently?
8. Would you rather go without television or junk food for the rest of your life?
9. If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be?
10. If money were no object, where would you like to go on vacation?
11. Where is the most interesting place you have ever been to?
12. Would you rather swim with stingrays or explore the jungle?
13. If you could make any vegetable against the law, which would it be?
14. Would you rather not hear or not see?
15. Would you rather wrestle a lion or fight a shark?
16. If you were sent to live on a space station for three months and were only allowed to bring three personal items, what would they be?
17. If you had your human body but the head of an animal, what animal would you pick?
18. What is one favorite thing you do by yourself?
19. If you could read one person’s mind, whose would it be?
20. What two things do you consider yourself to be very good at?
21. Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets?
22. What is your favorite smell? What memory does it remind you of?
23. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
24. If you could be one character from a book for a day, who would it be and why?
25. What's the last thing that made you laugh?
26. Tell me about something that made you happy today.
27. What does a perfect day look like to you?
28. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be?
29. If you could be in the movie of your choice, what movie would you choose and what character would you play?
30. Would you rather wear your pants backward or your shoes on the wrong feet?
31. What did you do to help someone else today?
32. What makes our family special?
33. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
34. What is your favorite song?
35. Would you rather be able to talk to animals or know how to speak every language?
36. If you could be a sound, what would it be?
37. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
38. Who is your favorite movie character?
39. If you had to make dinner tomorrow night, what would you make?
40. If you were a parent, what rules would you have? Are they different from ours?
41. What is your earliest memory?
42. If could only have three toys, which three would they be?
43. If you could pick your own name, what would it be?
44. List three things you would do for a Yes Day.
45. If you had to pick, would you live in the snow, near the beach, in a city, or in the country?
46. What's something you always forget to do?
47. If you could be a professional athlete, which sport would you pick?
Another fun idea if you’re looking for conversation starters for kids or table talk questions is to focus on Would You Rather questions for kids, Would You Rather questions for teens, and questions other than “How was your day?‘