Summer is San Diego’s love language and it’s kicking off next week so we’ve pulled together a list of things to do to keep your little ones entertained and smiling all season long. Grab the sunscreen and get ready for a fun-filled, adventure-soaked summer.
1. Go berry picking and use your bushels of strawberries or blueberries to make a pie or other berry delight. You'll really taste the fruits of your labors.
2. Check out San Diego's newest theme park! Visit Seasame Street San Diego but first, read our insider's guide for all the tips and tricks to enjoying the awesome amusement park.
3. Spend a day at a luxurious resort-style pool that's open to the public! Here are 14 San Diego pools offering day passes.
4. Take advantage of warmer nights and enjoy these fun after-dark activities with kids.
5. Enjoy a chill visit to a San Diego brewery that's kid-friendly.
6. Pedal around the bay on Hydrobikes! You'll all feel like you're walking on water during this must-do family adventure.
7. Walk through a sweet pea maze, learn how to plan a garden, or just enjoy a leisurely afternoon at one of these San Diego nurseries and gardens.
8. Sign your kids up for San Diego County Library's Summer Reading Program. Fun prizes include museum passes and kids' meals.
9. Need an at-home activity? Set up an obstacle course at home that'll keep 'em active and entertained.
10. Try out a beach you haven't been to before. Here's our list of top beaches for every adventure.
11. Get your family jam on at a free summer concert! Read our guide to all the free concerts happening at a park or beach near you.
12. Transform your yard into a wonderland of fun with one of these epic backyard hacks.
13. Gather round with the kids and learn 34 cool and wacky facts about San Diego you never knew.
15. Celebrate love with one of the many Pride events happening this summer in San Diego.
16. Put your head in the clouds in these California treehouse rentals! We help you satisfy your wanderlust and indulge in your childhood dreams without ever leaving the state.
17. Find your barnyard bliss at one of these California farm-stays.
18. Learn some new skateboarding tricks at these rad skateparks for lil' shredders.
19. Stay out late—it's summertime! Here are 10 after-dark hot spots your kids will love.
20. Head north to Oceanside for the laid-back vacation everyone needs this summer.
26. Check out LEGOLAND's newest attract: The Ferrari Build and Ride for a zooming good time.
27. Channel your inner Maverick and take a family field trip to Liberty Station. Brush up on everything that's new and happening before you go.
28. Skip the tent and make memories at one of these southern California luxury camping sites. S'mores are waiting!
29. Dine al fresco at one of these San Diego restaurants where your little foodies can run and be free.
30. Plan a budget-friendly trip to the San Diego Fair; it's in town until July 4th. Don't miss it.
––Aimee Della Bitta and Beth Shea